WHAT WOMEN WISH MEN KNEW ABOUT THEM
When it comes to understanding women most men will admit that they need much help in this area.
Women are more complex. Their needs and desires are numerous. A woman has a need for:
- Better listening from her husband: interactive, empathetic communication.
- Having her “petty” problems taken seriously: for discussion of (and sometimes help in solving) difficulties.
- More regular and more open communication: obvious attentiveness and interest, both on facts and feelings levels.
- Attention besides when he wants sex: feeling that she’s a love partner, not just a love object or tool.
- Appreciation: thanks and gratitude for all she does.
- A real (or apparent) interest in her life: curiosity about her day, beliefs dreams.
- Demonstrated affection and courtesy in front of others: enjoyment of and pride in being seen with her.
- Being a part of her husband’s life: by sharing goals and values with her, talking over business, etc.
- Little remembrances; notes, gifts, or special plans that say, “I love you.”
- Quality time away from the kids: whether a weekend away or a drive around the block.
- Inclusion in things he does: companionship in events or wanting her involvement when he’s away.
- Her husband’s involvement in things she enjoys: willingness to indulge, if not share, her favorite pleasures.
- Understanding: trying to comprehend using intuition and logic.
- Closeness: holding her in his arms, for protecting her.
- Tenderness: use of kind words and sensitive tones.
- Help with the children: in discipline, in training, in presenting a united front.
- Verbal expressions of caring: compliments, praise, and affirmation.
- Acceptance of who she is as she is: permission to be imperfect, affirmation of her appearance, character, achievements.
- More family time: everyday attention, regular outings, and vacations.
- Desirability: feeling like a special and feminine woman.
What Women Wish Men Knew About Them
A recent survey conducted by the Notable Women’s Fellowship indicated that these were some of the things that they wish
men knew about them.
- We like to have intimacy (cuddling, kissing and hugging) without always ending in full intercourse.
- We want our husbands to be the provider and head of the household in all areas: Spiritually, mentally and physically.
- How to be a little more patient and understanding when a woman goes through the change of life.
- How to be a little more patient when making love (slow down).
- Study the needs of a women (particularly your wife), and strive to meet them with all that is within your power.
- We get tired just like they do after a hard day at work.
- Know that even in hard times we will be there for them.
- How to be more gentle and compassionate.
- Know that when a woman loves a man, she loves a man hard, and with all her might.
- Men need to know that after all he has taken a woman through, in the marriage relationship, that if he would ever leave her, she would seriously make him regret it.
- We are emotional creatures. We are soft, gentle and bruise easy.
- We really need them to be the head of the family and be in control.
- We really need security knowing that they will take care of us spiritually, financially, and lovingly.
- Women are not machines
- Women can not and do not want to do it all.
- Women need help from their spouse in parenting, decision making and housekeeping.
- In spite of the fact that we have been married for awhile, we wish our husband knew how to date us.
- A man is appealing to a woman when he truly worships the Lord.
- Our romantic needs.
- To laugh more.
- Don’t take life too serious so that his work becomes his god.
- We need daily attention and affirmations from them.
- We want godly leaders.
- We are there to be a helper, lover and friend.
- We care about their health and it hurts us in many ways when they abuse it.
- We want to respect them.
- Knew a woman’s temperament type and how to adjust/be adapted to it.
- The importance of honesty.
- Talk to me (communication is important).
- We do not mind submitting.
- Security is one of our more honest needs.
- Men truly have the ability to hurt women by their actions, especially in their role as husband and father.
- Women who are strong really need men to protect them in every area (i.e. emotionally, spiritually, physically, financially, etc.).
- We are insecure at time.
- We don’t want to be in control all the time.
- We need to feel protected and safe.
- Our hearts were made to love.
- To be treated like a queen.